The Aridea Fever Kit is a no-touch, portable device designed to screen people for fever. An individual simply places their forehead five inches from the sensor and using infrared technology, the microcontroller takes three separate temperature measurements and compares them to acceptable temperatures ranges. A LED will turn red to indicate a fever or green to indicate no fever.
Screen 500 Employees for fever in under 30 minutes with only two kits!
- High Speed — Three scans in under five seconds
- Easy Operation — Green means go, red means stop
- No-Touch — Scans taken through IR, 5" away
Simple, Portable, Trustworthy
- No medical data stored on the device, 100% HIPAA compliant
- Battery Powered — Runs 12 hours on single charge
- High Accuracy — +/- .32° F (0.17° C) with a 2" radius at 5"
- Durable — Made in the USA; anodized aluminum body with fully-potted electronics; suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Trustworthy — Same sensor being used in the International Space Station's Advanced Plant Habitat
- Control Box Dimensions — 6" by 6" and 5" deep
- Sensor Dimensions — 4" long and 1" diameter
- The control box and sensor can be mounted to anything but we ship with portable tripod stand
Currently Used By
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing
- NGK Spark Plugs
- More Than a Bakery
- Northwestern Mutual
- Northrop Grumman
- Constellium Rolled Products
- Antero Resources
The Aridea Fever Kit is not a medical device and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. The product and information on this page are not a substitute for informed medical advice or care. Our product is used at the risk of the consumer.
The Aridea Fever Kit was designed to replace the handheld surface temperature devices used in the field today. Our technology is addressed under the FDA's most recent guidance that authorizes thermographic systems "for initial body temperature assessment for triage" regarding COVID-19. Thermographic systems use infrared (IR) to read the surface area temperature. We wanted non-intrusive, private, battery powered, portable, high speed and high accuracy device. We combined the best IR radiometer on the market with our IoT technology to create our Fever Kit.
In a controlled environment, the human skin is a few degrees below your internal body temperature because the environment is at a lower temperature than a person’s normal 98.6° F (36.7° C) internal temperature.
Aridea Fever Kit uses skin temperature, to calculate an equivalent internal body temperature to ensure the subjects are within 94° F (34.5° C) to 100.4° F (38° C) degree temperature.
A person’s skin temperature can vary based on surrounding extreme high/low temperatures and for this reason we recommend acclimating to an indoor controlled temperature (63° - 78° F, 17.2° - 25.5° C)for best accuracy. Note: If your subject was outside in 20° F (-6.7° C) temperature for 2 minutes we recommend you acclimate for 2 minutes.
The 5" distance and three scans are important to ensure accuracy.